Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Wrap Up

We had a great Halloween. What a beautiful night!! We spent the evening with the Haneys on Kent Road. That had over 200 trick or treaters by the time we left. I left a bowl of candy out with a note and bless the children in our neighborhood, it wasn't all gone when we got home! Here are a few photo highlights!



Cris' jack o' lantern. Note that I found pumpkin on the side of the car outside and over fifty feet from where he was working on the pumpkin.


Here is my little sock monkey Harri. As most of you probably know, I had a childhood phobia of sock monkeys. I would not go to sleep unless my sock monkey was in my closet and the door was closed. Phil and Cris suprised me with a sock monkey costume for Harri. He was pretty darned cute!





Cris used Phil's Canada Goose down parka (as seen on Antarctic expeditions) and made himself look like a polar explorer who had been mauled by a polar bear. He said most people assumed he was a zombie polar explorer. The costume was a hit! They stopped at a college rental on Kent Road. The students had extra large candy bars for the costumes that they really liked. Cris scored two! If you look at the overall cost of the costume (make up- $5, bandages- $3, parka- $600), it really was a costume bargain.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Cris should get together with my kids: penguin + polar bear. I attempted a costume as a polar explorer last weekend but frankly it was too damn hot once we walked to the costume party to put on a parka. Last night = no costume for me.